Returning are all the favorites…. Shamu® Christmas Miracles, a whale of a holiday show with SeaWorld’s family of killer whales as the stars, and Dolphin Island Christmas, a holiday party celebrated dolphin-style with a tropical twist. In addition to the special holiday-themed animal shows, the park will be brimming with yuletide cheer, as Christmas characters meet and mingle with guests, and Mrs. Claus brings a little holiday magic to everyone. All the festivities can be enjoyed among more than one million low-energy holiday lights throughout the park. With all that and more, SeaWorld® is the place to be this Christmas season.
Here’s a detailed look at SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration 2015:
- NEW – Toys for Tots Drive: Starting Nov. 6 through Dec. 13 SeaWorld San Diego is partnering with the Marine Corps Reserves San Diego Toys for Tots Program to deliver a message of hope to less fortunate youngsters through a new, unwrapped toy at Christmas. Guests can donate a toy (suggested retail value of $10 or more) at SeaWorld and receive a free child single-day admission with a full-paid single-day adult admission. Marine Toys for Tots Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charity that has been delivering smiles and toys to families since 1948.
- NEW – A Sesame Street Christmas: This new show at Mission Bay Theater stars all the favorite Sesame Street friends who come together to share Christmas with Abby, a three-year-old fairy that grew up in Fairyland and is not familiar with the celebration and traditions of the Christmas season. After singing Christmas carols, learning about Santa, reindeer, jingle bells and gift giving, Abby discovers the true meaning of Christmas.
- Shamu Christmas Miracles: Thrilling seasonal music rings out as amazing killer whales, gifted trainers and a talented female vocalist share a story of reflection and understanding, of peace and friendship and of the everyday miracles that surround us all year long. Guests will experience the power and beauty of Shamu’s family in this touching holiday favorite.
- Dolphin Island Christmas: This Christmas-themed dolphin show celebrates the holidays with a tropical twist. Dolphins and pilot whales perform amazing athletic feats. Dancers get into the spirit as well during this daytime show at Dolphin Stadium.
- Clyde & Seamore’s Christmas Special: SeaWorld’s prank-loving pinnipeds Clyde and Seamore have a hilarious holiday time in this Christmas-themed sea lion and otter show.
- The Pets Rule Christmas: A specially-themed show featuring the shelter-adopted stars of the park’s Pets Rule! show. As the winter season begins, the pets partake in holiday hijinks.
- KyXy Tree Lighting: Starting Nov. 27 and continuing through Dec. 25, KyXy 96.5 will simulcast the nightly SeaWorld’s Christmas Tree of Lights show at 6 p.m. The lights of Southern California’s largest Christmas tree—SeaWorld’s 320-foot Christmas Tree of Lights—will dance in sync with classic holiday songs.
- Santa’s Christmas Village: This magical, holiday area is brimming with Christmas fun! Guests can mingle with Santa’s elves and Mrs. Claus; enjoy a sweet treat such as a waffle-on-a-stick; and, every day before Christmas get a photo with Santa. Plus, Mrs. Claus invites everyone to join her in a spirited sing-along to help her and the elves light a festive 40-foot animated tree. Rather than wait in line at Santa’s Cottage, guests can check in for a pager that allows families to hold their spot in line, freeing them up to enjoy all the Christmas Village has to offer.
- Live Entertainment on Village Stage: Guests will enjoy sipping a cup of hot chocolate while listening to favorite holiday tunes from the Christmas Brass Band and new this year, performances by local community groups.
- Santa’s Reindeer: On the lawn in front of Animal Connections, real reindeer from Santa’s workshop will delight guests with up-close and educational encounters. Guests can also get in the spirit by playing reindeer games or hopping on Santa’s sleigh for a magical Christmas photo.
- Treat Yourself to Delectable Holiday Delights: Guests will be able to explore and celebrate culinary creations created by SeaWorld’s Executive Chef, Axel Dirolf. Favorites returning to the Christmas Village are waffle-on-a-stick, holiday mac & cheese, fresh baked pies and new this year is mashed potato pizza. Adults will delight in seasonal craft beer cart and adult holiday beverages. Christmas isn’t complete without a delicious turkey dinner and Chef Axel has pulled out all the fixings at Café 64 with SeaWorld’s “All About Turkey” menu featuring sweet chili turkey wings, classic oven roasted carved turkey, home-style holiday turkey pot-pie and more. In addition, holiday menus can be found at all of the park’s signature restaurants. Examples include the turkey cranberry burger at Shipwreck Reef Café and braised lamb shank at Calypso Bay Smokehouse.
- Holiday Atmosphere: SeaWorld will be decked out more than ever before, with more than one and a half million low-energy holiday lights and a 40-foot tree with an animated light show. New specialty lighting will be glimmering bright at Explorer’s Reef, welcoming guests inside the park. Outside Pets’ Playhouse, guests will find the Cat’s Christmas Parlor, where the feline stars of Pets Rule! hang out in their own Christmas-themed house. Animal exhibits such as Shark Encounter, Penguin Encounter and Animal Connections get a splash of holiday spirit with specialty-themed décor inside.
Make sure to visit SeaWorld San Diego this winter, for a wonderful event! Check out our extensive SeaWorld San Diego park walk-through and trip report here!