SeaWorld San Diego’s Inside Look is back by popular demand. This one-of-a-kind experience, free with park admission, will give SeaWorld guests the unparalleled opportunity to step behind the scenes to see what the veterinarians see, go where the rescue team goes and learn for themselves how the animal experts at San Diego’s premier marine-life park care for thousands of animals every day and rescues hundreds of ill and injured animals every year.
New this fall for Inside Look will be Turtle Talks and Beluga Care and Conservation.
SeaWorld Inside Look, which received rave reviews when initially offered to park guests in January 2018, returns for two additional weekends on Sept. 8-9 and 15-16.
“Connecting our guests with animals is extremely important to all of us at SeaWorld,” said Jody Westberg, a member of SeaWorld’s rescue team. “Through Inside Look, we can create connections that are even deeper as they get to see exactly what we do to care for our animals, both those that are part of our park family and those that we rescue.”
SeaWorld San Diego is also bringing back its extremely popular SoCal Pass, for a limited time only, at the best price of 2018. During the month of September, the 12-month SoCal Pass is once again only $99.99, making SeaWorld an affordable visit no one can resist. From Inside Look to Electric Eel, sea lions to seasonal events, and penguins to parades, SeaWorld is undeniably repeatable, and with the SoCal Pass at less than $100, the price is unbeatable.
Ending Sept. 30, this incredible time-limited offer is available online as well as at the park. The value of the pass extends far beyond the price, as it includes 12 months of unlimited admission, free parking, two free guest tickets and discounts on in-park purchases and special member-only events, totaling more than $300 in annual value. SeaWorld is also offering this annual pass on easy payments of less than $9 a month through the park’s EZPay program.
What SeaWorld Inside Look is all about:
SeaWorld has been inspiring millions of guests to love animals for more than 50 years, and is committed to making a difference for wildlife across the globe. Through Inside Look, guests see firsthand the park’s legacy towards animal conservation. Plus, every visit to a SeaWorld park helps support its animal rescue program. Seeing animals at SeaWorld supports saving them in the wild.
The Inside Look experience is an incredible opportunity for park guests to go beyond the shows, rides and attractions, and an get intimate look at how SeaWorld San Diego cares for animals. This unique offering features opportunities to meet staff, see animals up close and gain fascinating knowledge, such as how SeaWorld feeds 16,000 animals a day and how a veterinarian gets a blood sample from a dolphin. Visitors can also ask questions, take photos and, most importantly, learn what they can do in their everyday lives to help animals in the wild.
How it works:
Guests can download their Inside Look digital booklet from the SeaWorld San Diego website and pick up an Event Map in the park. The map will highlight the 11 different Inside Look areas focusing on rescue, care, conservation and research. Four locations are behind the scenes where visitors will be granted special access and seven locations are in amphitheaters or other open spaces where visitors will meet an animal expert. Guests can get their Event Map stamped at any of the Inside Look venues. If they collect eight stamps, they can pick up a SeaWorld Expert Explorer Pin at the SeaWorld Store in the park. Visitors are encouraged to share photos using #parktoplanet.
All of Inside Look experiences are included with park admission. Explorers wanting more information should visit the park’s website for an overview and then check out the detailed schedule on the park map when they arrive.
Special Access Behind-the-Scenes locations:
- Animal Health & Rescue Center & Water Systems
- Learn how SeaWorld’s hospital, laboratory and rescue center operate
- Learn how SeaWorld vets X-ray birds or get blood samples from dolphins
- Learn how SeaWorld maintains more than 13 million gallons of water
- Sea Otter Care & Conservation
- Learn about how the otter surrogacy program works
- Find out what types of enrichment are provided to the sea otters
- Bird Rescue & Conservation
- Learn how the park’s Oiled Wildlife Care Center and Bird Rescue Center operate
- Find out how SeaWorld participates in the Species Survival Plan for endangered birds
- Explorer’s Reef Life Support System
- Learn how SeaWorld aquarists maintain water quality and top-notch care for the sharks, crabs and fish in four saltwater and freshwater pools
- Orca Care & Research
- Find out how SeaWorld research is helping whales in the wild
- Learn how SeaWorld is working with NOAA to help J50, a malnourished wild killer whale in the Pacific Northwest
- Flamingo Care
- Learn how flamingos get their color
- Find out why flamingos stand on one leg
- Sea Lion and Otter Care & Behavior
- Learn how trainers use positive reinforcement
- Learn about techniques for shaping behavior
- Turtle Talks – ALL NEW
- Learn about the different species of sea turtles
- Learn about sea turtle conservation projects around the world
- Learn what you can do to help protect sea turtles and their ocean habitat
- Dolphin Care & Behavior
- Learn about HELPRS (Husbandry, Exercise, Learning, Play, Relationship, Shows)
- Beluga Care & Conservation – ALL NEW
- Find out about animals unique adaptations to the harsh Arctic environment
- Find out about their prey and predators, and man made threats
- Learn what you can do to help protect Arctic animals
- Penguin Care & Research
- Learn what it takes to create and maintain a frosty Antarctic environment for hundreds of penguins of six different species.
- Hear about SeaWorld’s expertise in penguin husbandry, breeding and diets
Check out our recent trip to SeaWorld San Diego and all that the park has to offer!