Alexander: It’s Spring in SoCal, and you know what that means! It’s Boysenberry time at Knott’s Berry Farm! Every year at the Knott’s Boysenberry Festival, countless boysen-based food items are offered to hungry guests, each lovingly crafted by Knott’s Berry Farm’s enormous food service team!
– Over the years, many of our images have popped up on other sites and forums, awesome that our coverage spreads, not so awesome that not everyone mentioned where they got the images from. We are totally fine with our audience using our images, BUT ONLY IF credit is given to californiacoasterkings.com. Thank you!
There are around 20 different wines to sample, and a couple of craft brews. We tried:
-3 Vinyard’s Cherry Pie (red)
-Lindeman Strawberry (sparkling)
-Lindeman Raspberry (sparkling)
-Lindeman Peach (sparkling) (OUR FAV)
-Honeywood Winery Boysenberry (red)
-Golden Road Wolf Pup Sessions IPA
-Bootlegger’s Far Out IPA
Mexican-style roasted street corn with Boysenberry Butter, Boysenberry mayo, and a liberal dusting of Parmesean cheese. This was both mine and Sean’s favorite food at the festival. We ate it 3 separate times.
Food #4 & #5: Boysenberry short ribs with rice and Boysenberry cheddar pierogis! Short ribs aren’t my favorite, but the Boysenberry BBQ is excellent, especially with rice. The cheddar pierogis are served with Boysenberry sour cream – these could give Knoebels’ famous pierogis a run for their money!
We’re big fans of Knott’s efficient tasting card system: not only is a swift way to get people fed, but this year the park has introduced letting guests use their 8 food choices for whatever they want from the food list.
Instead of being required to do one serving of all 8, guests can now double up (or triple up, in our case with the Elote on their favorite options)! This is ideal for guests with dietary restrictions, or for picky eaters!
What’s Sean in line for at the coffee shop?
“Boysenberry Boba!” Aka Boysenberry milk tea with traditional tapioca boba inside. Refreshing and not overly sweet! Definitely worth forking over $5 (or $4 if you’re a pass holder). And notice HangTime in the background? We got a new update for you all, here.
We have more Knott’s Berry Farm articles and updates from this visit, including a brand new Xcelerator & More Park Update and #HangTime update! For now check out some of our recent trips around the world and here in California:
- A Look at Shanghai Disneyland
- TRON = Bae
- Fun Spot America
- SeaWorld Orlando
- Busch Gardens Tampa
- HangTime Backstage Report!
- Six Flags Magic Mountain CraZanity Construction Tour
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and Six Flags Magic Mountain to be Solar Powered
- Electric Eel Construction Update – SeaWorld San Diego