WaterWorld closed for refurbishment a couple of months ago, and all the following was changed;
– The entire set has been repainted, looking sharp!
– New microphones were added, allowing some characters to use the microphones and speak live to the audience. Also, some lyrics have been changed throughout the show, definitely beneficial to the show.
– Due to the microphones, and new costumes, and perhaps due to new guidelines, there is a more interactive pre-show.
– Less time is spent on the ‘eye’ scene, where a smoker pokes the Deacon’s fake eye.
– Several characters were replaced by others.
– Another fall is put in, towards the beginning of the show, when the Deacon enters.
– The fight between Helen and a smoker on the tower no longer results in a jump into the nets over the audience. Bu, another fight between a smoker an Helen is put in the show, before Mariner can save Helen.
– The sea-plane is not shot by the Deacon earlier during the show, but the Mariner is fighting with the Deacon at the end of the show, and accidentally shoots at the seaplane, causing it to crash later in the show’s sequence. Instead of the sea-plane being hit earlier, the Deacon now accidentally hits one of his own men, that falls off the main tower with the Mariner.
– Pyrotechnic effects have been redone by Action Horizons, more fire, more fire, more fire! YAY!
– In addition to it all, to boost the capacity of WaterWorld, the park is currently adding several additional rows of bleachers in the arena!
– New turnstiles have been added at the entrance.
And here’s us, the California Coaster Kings Crew! First pic; Sean (right) and Ryan (left), and James took the picture. (Look at the seaplane being put back in position after the show! Awesome post-show presentation).